Friday, March 19, 2010

Paranormal Activity

-
People called it the scariest movie in a long time. I wouldn't say that, but it's worth seeing. It's just like all those horror story's you hear about people being haunted to the point of insanity or possession. It's said to be based on a supposedly true story.

I personally believe a lot of these stories are 75% accurate and some are either fake, hear-say or a lot less than 75%. I'm a fan of Most Haunted on Living TV and I believe it can't ALL be made up and I wanna see it for myself. As a fan I found a lot of events in the movie to be 'I've seen it all before'(TV, Internet etc.), but I still love this movie cause it puts it all into a story, just like some of the story's you hear in real life, and shows that these happenings are a lot more horrifying than you can imagine when reading or hearing about them.

You really do have to see to believe and this movie simulates that very well.

What is it about this movie that is better than others in it's genre?
Well, realism of the story. No impossible special effects stuff like zombies, vampires, grey crippled little girls climbing out of television screens 7 days after you seeing a tape etc., this was realism and horror working together.

It has an alternate ending which is more realistic and doesn't have the girls face turn weird but it's not for anyone with a weak stomach.

I rate it;
Story - 5/5
Scary to watch - 3.5/5 for me cause I've seen it all before and not much jumps out at you. You see things coming.

Interesting notes(SLIGHT SPOILER);
Almost all actors use their real first names as their character's names.
Just like in real life we never actually get to physically see the ghost(it doesn't show itself).
Just like Rec, Cloverfield and Quarantine the movie is done entirely on the lead characters video camera, a technique that is starting to catch on in horror movies and in my opinion should continue to be used. There's very few characters and actors and just one filmed location. The whole movie is shot in the lead characters house with a lot of scenes shot from the cameras position in the above photo watching what happens in the bedroom in the middle of the night. One can only imagine how little time and money shooting this movie cost.

See here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179904/

No comments:

Post a Comment